miércoles, 26 de junio de 2013

Da vinci

Hi Hi!
I don’t know much about paintings but I enjoy looking at some.
Since I read The Da Vinci code by Dan Brown when a was younger I started to care about Da Vinci work such as painting and his research in other areas like engineer and anatomy. I’m not certain that all the things that Dan Brown wrote in the book are true, but I have to admit that Da Vinci’s painting has some mysterious things.
Today I choose a painting by Leonardo Da Vinci called St. John the Baptist.

Is an oil painting on walnut wood. It was finish in 1516, and it is believed to be his last painting. This painting it is now exhibited at the Musée du Louvre in Paris, France. By the way, going to this museum is on my bucket list.
The sign on John’s finger is very disturbing to me. You can see this language in other painting and I don’t really know what does it means. And you can see that Leonardo draw John a little feminine and you may said that his is almost cover his breast  with the cloth.
I saw it for the first time in a art book of Leonardo and I couldn’t take my eyes of the picture, it was so weird in a way.
Well I hope one day to have the opportunity to see all the paintings in the Louvre :).

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario